Boston Properties Senior Accounting Coordinator (2019-2426) in New York, New York
Primary Purpose of Position:
· Coordinate accounts payable, accounts receivable & financial accounting services for regional office and its managed office portfolio.
· New vendor set-up including Patriot Act search, obtaining the vendor’s W-9, preparation of New Vendor form for review and approval of Department Manager and submittal to Corporate office.
· Create purchase orders and/or recurring payment vouchers for executed service contracts, update service contract lists accordingly, maintain both electronic and hard copy service contract files and notify PM’s of new service contracts.
· Review all incoming invoices, match to approved purchase orders and/or process through Nexus application.
· Review Nexus application for vendor billings, identify, research and resolve any incorrect billings. Act as a resource responding in a timely manner to any internal and/or external inquiries.
· Process/review employee reimbursement requests.
· Oversee US Bank Visa account(s). Ensure proper coding by staff, review approvals and monitor final processing.
· Oversee the quarterly reconciliation of cash payments received for security access cards.
· Process NYC Paid Police employee invoices and NYPD contract amount.
· Provide support with NYPM & Regional Etime processing.
· Identify and confirm vacancies, prepare “Monthly Janitorial Occupancy Schedule” for vendor’s monthly cleaning contract billings by property.
· Track monthly cleaning supply orders, perform periodic inventory audits.
· Monthly input of trash and recycling data into diversion rate schedule; provide general analysis and periodic updates.
· Monthly input of electricity and water consumption and cost data in tracking schedules and EnergyStar database; provide general analysis relative to budget and previous year variances.
· Complete annual “Sewer Consumption Analysis” to minimize the annual sewer charges.
· Deliver quarterly real estate tax payment to municipality and obtain documented receipt.
· Participate on the AR collection team, following up on assigned collections matters, documenting efforts in the collections database.
· Invoice tenants for additional work authorizations (i.e. miscellaneous services, OT HVAC, access cards, etc.) through Angus on a twice per month basis.
· Coordinate annual review of Angus additional work service rates with Regional Property Manager and revise as directed.
· Ensure compliance of Corporate policies and procedures as they relate to both accounts payable and accounts receivable administration.
· Act as a liaison between PM’s and Property Accountants during quarterly close activities and the preparation of assigned accruals.
· Participate in the timely completion of the assigned portions of the annual operating budgets and related documents.
· Prepare OPEX and Real Estate Tax projection report following the approval of the operating budgets.
· Provide support for Union benefits and audits.
· Respond to Internal Audit requests for data materials.
· Provide back-up coverage to members of the administrative team.
· Other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by SVP -Property Management, Regional Property Managers or other member of senior regional management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Minimum of three years experience in accounts payable/receivable function and Associates degree in accounting preferred.
· 3-5 years previous experience in supervisory or office management related role preferred.
· Ability to work with individuals as well as a commitment to organizational goals.
· Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and motivate others.
· Data entry skills.
· Good aptitude in math.
· Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
· Ability to produce the quantity of work necessary to timely complete assigned tasks.
· Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants or vendors in an articulate, pleasant, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Adaptability to changing demands.
· Attention to detail.
· Effective problem solving skills.
· Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
· Strong communication, organization and multi-task management skills.
· Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; good computer program aptitiude.
· Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
· Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
· Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
· The Senior Accounting Coordinator will interact verbally with Region employees and will interface both verbally and in writing with Corporate Accounting staff and external contractors, vendors, & tenants.
· This position reports directly to the SVP of Property Management, who provides daily supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates, and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.